Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I want to remember . . .

Last night at dinner, Aaron and I were downloading about our days and the kids were eating (somewhat) quietly. All of the sudden, Ellie pipes up, "Mommy, thanks for making this DELICIOUS dinner." Just like that. Completely out of the blue. So sweetly. And in a complete sentence ... as only a 2 year old can say it. I stopped and looked at her and teared up! It was such a sweet moment! Then Caleb saw how happy I was when Ellie said that so he piped in, "Thank you mommy for making this delicious CUP to eat! Heehee." Nothing like 4 year old silliness. I just said "Yup, no problem," but silently thought, "Good try Caleb but Ellie won this round of 'mommy's favorite'!" HA. And then commenced a 5 minute conversation between Caleb and Ellie of silly things to eat ... the ceiling (always a favorite), the chair, the cup, the floor ... and I think they may have actually eaten some actual food in there as well. Ahhhhh ... the sweetest moments of life usually aren't the big ones.

~JG

No comments:

Post a Comment