Sunday, May 17, 2009

"I want to love you!"

This afternoon, while I laid on the couch trying to wake up from my nap, Caleb was chasing Ellie all over the downstairs trying to kiss her. At first, she ran away, giggling, and loved the attention and kisses. But after 10 minutes or so (yes, 10 minutes), she grew bored and wanted to watch the BOZ episode on TV instead. Caleb still wanted to kiss her. But Ellie would have none of it and said so sweetly, "No kiss me, pwease Cawub." So Caleb had to comply, but he was so disappointed. He replied, "But Ellie, I want to kiss you. I want to love you!" But for Ellie, BOZ won out over Caleb's kisses. He was so bummed. So I told him, "Honey, there's many ways to show someone you love them. You don't have to kiss them." Then it was time to get our shoes on to leave for CLC's leadership meeting. As I was putting Ellie's shoes on, Caleb stood nearby and held out the measuring spoons (from where he got them?) and happily informed us, "I love you with these measuring spoons!"

Moral of the story: there are MANY different ways to show someone you love them. Even with measuring spoons. What weird and wonderful thing can YOU do to show someone you love them? HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment