Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mother's Day Stuff - a little late

Yes, I know that Mother's Day has come and gone ... but this week has been busy, and I just learned how to add pictures and video to the blog ... so here's some Mother's Day stuff. Hey, at least it's of this year and not last year!

The Friday before Mother's Day, Caleb and Ellie's preschool put on a lovely presentation for us mommies! They had made gifts and practiced songs ... and here are some videos of the songs and pictures of how cute they were!



Caleb's class made pictures and answered the question, "Why I love my Mommy." Caleb's answer: "Because she makes food for me." And notice his picture - pretty sparse! He's not much into craft time - he'd rather play trains!




"Ahhhh, I'm tired of standing here ... when do we get to eat?"


Here is a video of the classes singing "Mommy loves me" to the tune of "Jesus loves me". Caleb was very intent on singing on doing the motions (I particularly like the "She even loves me when I'm mad" line) ... Ellie just looked around the entire time. But boy, did she look cute!




Caleb, Ellie and me ... I love my kids!



So Mother's Day was very nice! They actually understood the idea of a day just for mommy! Now, Caleb is informing me that "Daddy's Day" is coming up very soon ... and that is a day "just for daddy, not you! Not for Ellie, just daddy." Yes. And today, while in Target on the way to the cat litter aisle, we passed the card section. Caleb screamed out VERY loudly, "I SEE DORA!!!!!" Yes, there was a Dora the Explorer Father's Day card nestled in between cards of manly-looking oak trees and cards with tools and nails. Of course, Ellie had to examine said Dora card. And Caleb explained to Ellie, as only an older and wiser brother can, that the card was for daddy for "daddy's day." Then Ellie ran down the aisle, clutching the card to her chest, and shoved it in Aaron's hand, saying "Here daddy, here daddy! For YOU!" All in all, we ended up buying said Dora card. I don't think it will be a surprise for Aaron. But that is the nature of being a daddy!

Well, I hope this video uploads soon, because I'm going to bed. I need to recover from the "Girls Sleepover" at church last night into this morning. 40 girls, ages kindergarten through 6th grade, along with several moms and youth chaperones, spent a fun-filled night in the gym! We actually had a great time with no problems at all (except for a few complaints of belly aches ... due to too much junk food and running around. I wasn't very sympathetic.). They were really well behaved. I broke them up into groups, and they moved through different stations (the nail station, hair and make-up station, etc.). I led the "Church Tour" where we walk around the church in the "dark" and end up playing hide and seek in the dark sanctuary. It's always a winner. :-) But it does tend to get a little old by the 5th tour. Oh well - seeing the girls' reactions is always fun! After the stations, we had a bit of down time (where I received a "make-over" which really meant that my face became a piece of abstract art with ALL the colors of the rainbow on it), then movies and then bed. I fell asleep finally after the girls ... around 3am. Not too bad. Except I kept waking up at every sound - those "mommy ears"! And I had such wierd dreams! I dreamt that I didn't wake up in time to go and buy the doughnut holes from Dunkin' Donuts ... I dreamed that Aaron dropped off Caleb and Ellie at the sleep over for some reason, and that Zac Efron was there to babysit (no more watching High School Musical at 1am!). And those dreams seemed so real, so that it took me a few moments upon waking up to determine that I still did have time to get the munchkins, and that Zac Efron was not playing baby dolls with Ellie. So, now I will go to sleep and hopefully have much more normal dreams!

Good night!
~JG

1 comment:

  1. So what you are saying is that after the sleepover and attending activities you are pooped ;-)

    ReplyDelete