Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"Now I lay me down to sleep ..."

We just said our prayers for bedtime ... why didn't I have a video camera playing? Here is a snapshot of our prayers - the bits that I remember ...

Ellie: "Thank you for making everyfing and creation and thank you for making our house and ..."

Caleb: (tapping her foot and whispering) "God didn't create our house."

Ellie: " ... and thank you for [she lists many more things] ... "Thank you ... [something about] God taking care of us and keeping us safe and mommy takes care of us cuz she wants us to be safe and not walk away without asking her. And God keeps us safe and if he didn't the people who worship idols will DIE, but we will not die because we will be safe - because we don't worship idols and we don't like idols ..."

Caleb: "It's too long! Pray shorter!"

Ellie: " ... and thank you for all creation and I like being created and having hair and piggy toes and clothes and a bunk bed with a bed on top and on bottom [and she lists more] ..."

Caleb: (kicking his feet and covering his ears) "It's taking too long! I'm NOT going to listen to this!"

Finally, we said "amen" and they went off to bed. Ellie said something about not getting to pray for something, and I said, "Sweetheart, you can talk to God all you want to in bed."

I hope she does.

~JG

No comments:

Post a Comment