Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Snippets from today

This afternoon ... Caleb jumps and clings on me like a monkey.
Jen: (laughing) "What are you doing?"
Caleb: "I've got you! I want your attention!"
Ahhhh ... if only he were a little more clear ...

Overheard in kids church this evening ...
Jen: "Tonight, we are going to talk about the Day of Pentecost."
Girl: "YES! PENNIES!"

Praying at bedtime ...
Ellie: "And please help all da cities not to be destroyed. And all da people to not die and do sins."

After lights out ... I overheard Caleb singing a GT Song to himself ...
Caleb: (singing) "So do not fear for I am with you. Do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you, strengthen and up? ... up? ... uphold you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10"
I had taught that song to Caleb a few weeks ago when he was afraid of the dark. I didn't know he actually sang it to himself. I listened at the door and just about melted.


~JG

No comments:

Post a Comment