Monday, November 15, 2010

What IDIOT is in charge of retail?!?!?!?

Ok, so I know that the retail rulers try to shove Christmas down our throats before we've even bought our Halloween costumes. Each year it disgusts me, but I have accepted it as a reality. But really, today was just a new low. Ellie and I went out after lunch to find her a nice Christmas dress for Kraiz. Now, I am not used to buying nice Christmas dresses, as I usually find something at the fall consignment sale. And I did find one at the fall consignment sale. But it isn't really NICE - like performing on stage NICE ... because I did not know I would need that kind of NICE back then. And now I do, sooooo, the search in retail began.

We searched through a few of the pillar children's stores - Children's Place for example. But alas, all they had was one sorry rack of left over "Christmas" apparel (not really Christmas-y) and they would not be getting anymore in. Other stores did not have a huge selection (I mean really, is a red or green or black poofy dress too much to ask for?)... or their one nice dress was waaaaay too much. So I thought, really? REALLY? It's still before Thanksgiving! Is it impossible to find a Christmas dress even NOW? I am not ready to think Christmas before Halloween!!! Too much PRESSURE!!!

Sigh. But thank God for Sears. Yes, Sears still had a nice selection of Christmas dresses. In fact, we found 3, YES THREE, that would fit the bill (figuratively and literally). So Ellie tried those dresses on (what girl doesn't love that?) and picked out the one she liked best (of course, I had already pre-approved each selection beforehand! Can't give the wee one TOO much power ...). And NOW we have a Christmas dress.

I guess I should be looking for a swimsuit in the next few weeks or those might run out too.

~JG

1 comment: