Friday, April 15, 2011

A very long walk

Yesterday, I kept Caleb home from school just for a break. We had a "mommy and son" morning and it was awesome! I don't get to spend as much time with just Caleb now that he's in school. :-( Since it was such a nice morning, we went for a walk. And then Caleb suggested that we run (so glad I wore my tennies and not flip flops!). So we actually ran quite a bit! (Caleb: "It's a great day for a run!") We took a different route than usual and ran down to Valley Elementary, Caleb's future school. There are some woods with a paved/gravel path running through across from the school ... and we've never been there before! So we decided to explore. AWESOME! The path runs right next to the Neshaminy Creek, so we scrambled up and down the creek bed, throwing rocks in, getting dirty, looking out for poison ivy (leaves of three ...), crossing natural tree bridges, looking at really cool tree roots, throwing more rocks in ... it was an absolutely fabulous and totally unplanned morning! We walked home, dirty and very tired, hand in hand, both totally happy. I love exploring with this awesome son of mine!!! So glad I took my phone, as I could get a few pictures. HAHA!



~JG

No comments:

Post a Comment