Thursday, April 30, 2009

Earth

Ahhhhhh ... a momentous occasion! Our children sat through their very first movie in a theatre! Well ... they sat ... and stood ... and changed seats ... and climbed in and out of laps ... and wiggled ... and flew space ships through the air ... and chased the popcorn bin down the aisle ... but we stayed through the entire movie!!! Hurrah! I saw the ad for the Disney movie Earth, was interested, and so we decided to use some AMC gift cards and try the "theatre experience." The kids actually did very well until the last 30 minutes or so. I brought Caleb's itty-bitty blankie, and Ellie's buppy and binkie in my purse ... just in case. But my wonderfully genius idea backfired. Ellie started getting restless, so I gave her buppy and binkie, which she grabbed ... and then she started whining for blankie. Ok, blankie is relegated to her room because it is big and we don't want a little Linus-child. And she knows this. But she whines and whines and whines and whines for blankie until I had to take her out and have a talk with her. That did it. Except for the squiggles. But nothing will cure 2-year old squiggles.

All in all, the movie was great! Breathtaking footage! I'm glad we went - even though Aaron and I are exhausted! {:-)

~JG

No comments:

Post a Comment