Monday, April 13, 2009

Going Shopping

Today I had an interesting shopping experience! Oh, that every shopping experience were like this one! I approached the check out, showed my few items to the cashier and was surprised that my total was only a dollar and some change (unexpected sales, how I love thee!). So I handed over my dollar and change, and then the cashier gave me a twenty in change back! I hesitated, pondering what I should do. Should I take it and run? Should I let him know it was too much change? Would he even care? I must confess, I stuffed the twenty with my other bills and said "thank you" very sweetly. I figured Caleb was a little too young to figure out the "math" part of playing cashier. So then Caleb turned around the little plastic cashier station because it was MY turn to be the cashier, and HE got the "money". Our money looked pretty cool - we made it out card stock and colored pencils. We had blue nickels, purple dimes, red quarters, and the bills didn't match each other at all in color which was fine. I think the $5 bill had polka dots ... I figured I wouldn't explain to Caleb, quite yet, that counterfeiting money is a federal offense. Just the thought of having to explain the words "counterfeiting", "federal" and "offense" just makes me sigh. Anyways, I rang up Caleb's purchase of a Lightning McQueen race car, 2 plastic forks and 2 plastic knives with cheer and charged him $20. He paid me cheerfully and I gave him a blue nickel in change. And then it was his turn to be the cashier. And we repeated this about 20 times. Come to think of it, I'll probably never need any plastic utensils ever again.

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment